Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Hatching

Tulip

One of the tulips from Arlington National Cemetery, rendered in lines. 

Many, many lines.

I'm not sure where all this hatching and pen work is coming from, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

We're off to see Ferraris today, at the Mid-Atlantic Ferrari club's Spring rally.  All my boys are excited beyond excitement.  It's another blindingly gorgeous day, and all that Ferrari red will be brilliant.

I may have to break out the color again.

5 comments:

  1. Diahn, these drawings remind me of old engravings -- but with a definitely modern twist. They're great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic! You know how I love those tulips...
    ;-) Hope you enjoyed the Ferraris and gorgeous day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chris and Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a thing wrong with lines. Lines are good. Lines are your friend. Okay, and I'm a little weird. Still ... cool drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah - see - I think it's your fault, Karen. I love YOUR lines. I'm channeling your pen these days...

    ReplyDelete