Pages

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Pinky Diahnero

Pinky

I'm not sure exactly what happened.  I went to get my hair highlighted and took a wrong turn at the Easter egg factory.

Okay.  It's on purpose.

And really a whole lot of fun. 

It had been 6 months since I had it cut and colored last - and things were just really really bad.  Really.  Like so bad that when my fabulous stylist, Annie, saw me, she didn't recognize me.  Then, when she figured out who I was, she shook her head and said, "Oh no.  No no no.  No."

I took that to mean I needed a little change.

So, she cut off about 9 inches and lightened the top about ONE MILLION levels and gave me a smidge of funk.

I got home after 4 hours at the salon.  (Yes.  I just said 4 hours.  It is no small thing to look so strange.)   When I walked into the living room, Doodlebug glanced up, then back at the TV, the back at me again.  "Wow, Mom!  You look great.  You look so much younger!"

He's definitely back in the will.

Later, he told me I looked like I was 20. 

Double inheritance for that boy.

5 comments:

  1. YAY! I LOVE it! Can't wait to see it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diahn,
    I have a bottle of pink and a bottle of blue for my hair that I borrowed from my sister. My intention WAS to add SUBTLE tips to a SMALL area, maybe on the side. Still haven't taken the plunge!
    I am not sure how the members at the church where I work part time
    would react! I love it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it. I so didn't recognize you at first yesterday -- I am blaming it on the meds I have been taking this week (I'm a little foggy), but still...

    Realized just how much I miss seeing you around, though. I know it made you realize just how much you don't miss being around that place, though. There were "SATs are over" celebrations all over the place yesterday. I'm with you on the standardized testing.

    Kel's teacher added *Bible* to her SATs even though we don't take them at the co-op because she thought it would be *fun*. Yeah...

    Anyway, so happy to have seen you yesterday! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it too, especially that you are daring and adventurous! that doodlebug is definitely a keeper!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda - you saw it, now - what do you think? ;-)

    Zelma - go for it. It's just hair, and so much less obnoxious than a tongue ring.

    Kristi - it was great to see you, too - but it would have been nice to visit a little...maybe next time?

    Julie - thanks! Yes - he's a keeper. And a complete suck-up. I love him for that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete