Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Shadow Shot Sunday

I've been seeing a few Shadow Shot Sunday posts here and there, notably at Hey Harriet, the person responsible for the meme, and at Julie's place, too.  I've always loved looking at shadows, so I thought I'd play along.  It's technically still Sunday here - for another hour and a half.

I found these shadows dancing on my walls this morning, as we were getting ready to go to church for Easter services, and found that they made a lovely, if fleeting, triptych for my staircase.

Shadow

And this one was captured on the hallowed grounds of the Arlington National Cemetery...the shadow of a weeping cherry, standing a silent guard over fallen soldiers.

Weeping Cherry

6 comments:

  1. These are beautiful peaceful shadow shots! I especially like the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful. Nice shot! How was the visit with the folks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both shots are lovely but I especially like the first one. How lucky you are to have such gorgeous shadows gracing the walls of your home! Nice spotting! Thanks so much for joining in Shadow Shot Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first shot is beautiful...like a delicate etching of tracery... welcome to SSS...

    ReplyDelete
  5. way to go, diahn! the tryptych is awesome. it would make me sit home and admire it all morning!

    thanks for the mention. you're sweet! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an amazing shadow that gets cast on your wall. How lucky you are to get to see that everyday! I would totally just lie down on the steps and gaze at those shadows all day!

    ReplyDelete