Pages

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Let the Sunshine In

Clean Windows

This morning, as I sat drinking my coffee in the dining room, I looked out the front windows and gasped.

At the dirt.

It was nothing unusual or more dirty than any other window on the block - just the dirt and grime that collects after a winter of snows and oil burning furnaces, but the sun hitting the dirt just hit me in particularly bad way today.

When I finished cleaning them, I just marveled at the sparkling light pouring through the windows. 

Gorgeous. 

Isn't that what spring cleaning is all about?  Cleaning off the grime of winter and letting the sun stream in?  Oh yes - it is.

Here are a few things I noticed outside my sparkly clean windows...

Sparrow Blossoming  Promise Leaping Squirrel

I hope you all find something sparkling today. 

And capture just a little of it.

4 comments:

  1. my windows are crying out for a good cleaning. maybe after vacation. smile! your photos are great. i particularly like the daredevil squirrel. shall we nickname him evil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I've missed out on a lot since I was last here on Easter egg hair day! I can't write a longer comment though because I'm so tired after wandering all over Washington DC with you. Glad you got the shot. You should frame that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purty. Especially the bird...tweet, tweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes, Julie - the Evel Kinevel of the squirrel world. He is quite the acrobat!

    LOL, Steviewren - sorry I wore you out. A hot bath and a few ibuprofen should perk you right up. It worked for me. :-)

    Thanks, Mo! I like the bird. He's staring at me like, WTF? Get outta my face with that thing...

    ReplyDelete