Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easterly

Easter morning came early to our house - we got up to attend the 8 am service at the Washington National Cathedral.  My boys and my niece managed to get up and get dressed and ready to go fairly easily.

Ready for Church

Things quickly fell apart.

Almost ready for church Not really ready for church Not ready for church

Actually, it was lovely.  Such a beautiful service, even if it was early.  The music was divine, the flowers were gorgeous, the building is spectacular.  Quite inspiring.

I hope yours was, as well.  I'll be back tomorrow morning with some photographs from our trip to Arlington National Cemetery Sunday afternoon.  We've been walking around DC all day, showing my folks the sights, and I'm too tired to write.

Peace, peeps.

6 comments:

  1. I love, love, love these pictures! I actually "guffawed" towards the end. I'm glad you had a new and inspiring Easter. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids make life so happy. Your pictures make me miss my children when they were little....don't make me get weepy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiness comes in all flavors. So it is good to see the kids enjoy themselves. What a wonderful service it must have been in that special place !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable they look all dressed up like that! Very happy images. They sure made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone. They are a bunch of nuts, but we like 'em. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just adore these photos. they made me laugh out loud and my hubbie came from the other room to ask what's so funny!! your boys are quite handsome!!

    ReplyDelete