Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Panda-monium

We spent the day at the National Zoo, exploring all the wonderful animal enclosures and the gorgeous SPRING day of blinding sunshine, azure skies and 70 degree temperatures.  OH, how I needed that...

The zoo is home to a breeding pair of giant pandas and their cub, who will be heading back to China, eventually.

Let me just say, that I don't like to embue animals with human characteristics.  I know pandas are wild animals.



















But OMIGOSH how cute is that big cuddly thing?

Don't even get me started on the new gorilla baby.




2 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL shots, as always! Love the light on the gorilla ... sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Linda! That gorilla baby was one of the sweetest things I've seen in a long time. Looks just like a furry human baby.

    Her name is Kibibi, which means "little lady." She's just 3 months old...

    ReplyDelete