Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tic. Tac. Toe.

I just had to share this with you all.  My friend, Cathi, gave this to us today.

Tic Tac Toe

It is so simple, and so fantastic.  Just a piece of slate and some river rocks, but add a grid, some X's and O's and suddenly...it's a game.

Isn't that the best?  And it just illustrates the idea that the best gifts are those that cost almost nothing...Cathi and her husband own a flooring business (FloorDomain, if you're in the Knoxville area and need flooring - look 'em up - her husband is a MASTER craftsman), so they had the slate already.  They traded a couple of pieces of slate with a friend who had river rocks, and voila!  A perfect gift.

I just love crafty people.  Don't you?

8 comments:

  1. I DO love crafty people, and this is fantastic! What a cleverly simple idea. You are so right, we all have forgotten how lovely simple gifts can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so creative I am stunned with how simple and beautiful it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes one to know one, Mrs. Crafty...but yes, a very cool gift. And I love the photo...great eye. It looks like it's right out of a trendy magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so cool and artsy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe-fricking-some.

    I want to make that.

    Do you think I can scrounge up some smooth stones and a slate by Xmas?

    Maybe a nice reclaimed wooden board would better serve my needs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So simple - and so great!

    Rowena - go for it - you've got plenty of time!

    I want to make one for every room in my house.

    I'll bet the bugs played 40 games last night between dinner and bedtime. Instead of watching TV. So SO good.

    (hey Melinda - THANKS)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a delightful gift idea and one that i personally would leave out for display all the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay ... that's just cool. Waaaay cool!

    ReplyDelete