Pages

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Customer Service.

So. Computer issues. They seem to be going around, and I hate to get left out of anything.

About 6 weeks ago, Dr. SmartyPants bought me a shiny new pink Dell laptop, because the last one we purchased was, uh..., let's just call it troubled, shall we? I put quite a lot of strain on my computers, with all the pictures and graphics and videos and STUFF, and it just couldn't handle it. It's working just fine, now that I've unloaded the high-intensity photo- and video- editing programs and the many (MANY) gigabytes of photos. The boys use it for school, and it is happily chugging along.

The Dell - what can I say - it has been pure bliss to use. Not only is it shiny and PINK, but it is fast...blazing fast. Or, rather, it was blazing fast.

Now? It's dead. Or it is really infatuated with the welcome screen on start up. It is a lovely shade of blue, after all.

The Smarty managed to run a self-diagnostic on it and found some serious hard-drive errors, so I called Dell just a few minutes ago to see what they would do about it.

Turns out they are going to send me a new hard drive, pre-loaded with all the software, new memory modules and a CERTIFIED! LICENSED! TRAINED! TECHNICIAN! to fix it all up.

Oh, I do so hope that he or she does. I'd love to add Dell to my list of companies that take care of their customers - companies like Crayola and UPS.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are getting satisfaction with Dell

    Here is a not-so nice Dell story that I just have to share. My granddaughter went to school in Germany for a year and took her Dell with her. And it died before a year was even close. And Dell refused to ship another one out of the country. I have not been a fan of Dell ever since then.

    I bet this was way too much information! lol

    Your story may have to renew my faith in Dell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortuanately, like Teri, I've had bad a bad experience with Dell as well. But, I wish you the best of luck with your next PC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go, girl. I hope you get all that you are expecting. I'm using an old secondhand laptop, myself. Gotta get a new one some day. I'll stay close and see how yours goes.

    ReplyDelete