Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Nine!

3,285 days ago today, I became a mom.

NINE!

I'm still hopelessly in love with that kid. 

I still remember the first time I saw him - all red and covered in goo.  He was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.

And the loudest.

Still is.

I still remember when they gave him to me for the first time and I looked down into his perfect little round fat-cheeked face.   Gorgeous. 

Still is.

He is halfway to "adulthood."  Halfway to the point where he can vote.  Halfway to the point where he could join the military or get married without my signature.   I choose to not think about that.  He was my first baby.

Still is.

I can remember sitting and staring at him during those first few weeks when he slept all day long.  I didn't do that with Junebug - because he was the second, and I had a 20 month old Doodlebug running around.  I could have stared at him 24 hours a day - just watching him squirm and dream and coo and pee and poop.  He was the most interesting part of my day.

Still is.

Happy Birthday, sweet boy.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Doodlebug!
    (he even LOOKS older....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome dude! No wonder you are in love with him. He's going to be a lady killer, just you wait and see. What a darling boy/man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something special about your first....Happy Birthday Doodlebug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Derek! Dude, you favor the Jonas brothers! The cute one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy, happy birthday to your sweet boy! my b'day is the 23rd as well! merry christmas to you and your family, diahn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated Birthday to Doodlebug ;-) He is getting more cute each day. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Diahn. May the (painting/creative) force be with you in 2009.

    Ai

    ReplyDelete