Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Warbler

 

Black and White Warbler

I'm a bit off my game today, I think.  It's already almost 10:30 in the morning, and I'm just now thinking about what I'm going to do today.  Strange.

No reason why.  Just, um, warbling.  Warblewarblewarblewarblewarble.

Must mean it's time to head outside and get some fresh air.  Too much time spent hunched over my painting table can't be a good thing, right?  Sure - paintings get done that way, but headaches form and a little knot right between the shoulder blades pops up and your children forget that you were in the house to begin with.

So.  Yes - there are paintings to be painted, and laundry to be sorted and folded and dishes to wash and math to review, but I think we'll all take a mental health day and go to the park and see what it has to offer, and go to the library and check out some new books and maybe, just maybe, find a place to sit and eat some ice cream before noon so we can ruin our appetites.

Have a fabulously rule-breaking day, my friends!

8 comments:

  1. Yopu artwork is spectacular...your sense of composition divine! :)
    Best wishes on your Etsy shoop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have to agree ... I'm loving the bird series you're in the middle of. Reminds me of Nick Bantock's Griffin and Sabine series and that book was one of my first inspirations. I think your shop will be a huge hit!

    And you rock as a mom! You reminded me of the summer days when my mom got us Friendly's sundaes for lunch ... wonder if my dad knows about those yet? Guess what we're having for lunch tomorrow?

    GREAT stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great little birdy there, and those sure sound like great things to do. Checking out books and eating icecream. (Only if its chocolate peanut butter cup icecream right? lol.) Well hope you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the best way to be creative is to get plenty of sunshine and fresh air! it soaks into your skin and lights up your soul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, she's right -- these do remind me somewhat of Griffin and Sabine ... Wow.
    Wonderful drawing and it sounds like you plan a wonderful rule-breaking day. Hope it went well!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ice cream before noon sounds like a great idea! :D

    your warbler is wonderful, love the hatching :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice one - I hope you guys had a wonderful day...

    ReplyDelete