Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Iris Three

Adele, Carly and Faina

I don't want you all to think I'm a complete bird brain, so I thought I'd show you this one. These lovely irises were in my backyard garden this spring, and I couldn't help but photograph and sketch them.

I'll be putting this one in the shop, along with another iris, so if you aren't a bird fan, don't feel like you won't have anything to choose from... SOLD

Happy Wednesday, everyone - I'm off to run the weekly errands and get my walking in at the same time - See you tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. One of my favorite flowers! Beautiful painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out the shop and saved you under my favorite sellers so I can find you anytime. Love the iris. I really like the paper you are working on. I finally broke my long dry spot and have been drawing and painting this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. shana3:27 PM

    just wanted to let you know about a new forum for artists as well as musicians, fashion designers, and filmmakers, http://www.PutItOn.com. As an artist I think that the mission is really great. The site gives you a free gigabyte of space for portfolio, there is no commission taken for sales, audio and visual works can been streamed in their entirety, you can create live personal broadcasts for your followers, and anything you write will be translated into 10 languages. So check it out!

    PS. beautiful color contrasts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great piece, Di! I love the perspective on the irises ... perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diahn, I love how you put the lettering behind your paintings!
    What kind of ink do you use?
    This is something I would love to do.
    You do great work!
    Off to check out your shop....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have flower envy. This is just gorgeous. All of this new work is just amazing and I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful painting. I love iris and have never been able to capture them this well. Lovely

    ReplyDelete