Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Let's Go Shopping!

Zebedee

Zebedee is going to be there - and he'd really like you to come, too! I'm open for business! Woo!

I've got 8 little guys in the shop right now, and plans to add a few more over the next few days, along with some non-birds (like the irises from yesterday.) I'd really love your feedback on the store, if you have a minute. This is all kind of new to me, and I want to do the best job possible.

I've really appreciated all your wonderful comments and support over the last few weeks - you've made this new venture seem like a good idea! If you happen to be a seasoned Etsy seller, let me know, and I'll come investigate your shop and steal all your best ideas look for inspiration.

I hope you all enjoy your last day of July!

7 comments:

  1. I found your blog via steviewren, and I just found steviewren this AM! Your birds are fabulous! I'm really impressed and decided to follow. Are you using both gouache and transparent watercolor besides the rapidiograph?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know that I put a link to your Etsy shop. Yahoo...someone new found one via me! Great! Be sure to check out MrCachet's work. It is fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, Diahn!! I looked at all the paintings in your Etsy store -- wish I could buy them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, MrCachet! While I do use transparent watercolor, all these recent birds are done with gouache. I sometimes thin it a bit to give it a little transparency.

    Hi steviewren - thanks so much for the link - you're awesome!

    And hi to you, Chris! Thanks for the encouragement - and I wish you could buy them all, too... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm especially fond of Digby and Basil...I'm watching and waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on opening your shop! I'm going to sit back and watch the prices rise, and when you are rich and famous, I'll tell everyone that I won a prototype (with heavier-inked stamps); then I'll sell it and retire! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:01 AM

    Just wanted to let you know that your blog is simply superb and the birds are wonderful.Fulcrum Gallery is another place where I frequent to look at the new works on display. They also have amazing discounts on offer, the coupons of which can be easily got at http://coupongrove.com/FulcrumGallery/. All the very best to you and would be waiting for your future work.

    ReplyDelete