Pages

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Woman Who Posts Here is Loony

Market Square, Knoxville, TN

I was downtown in Market Square last month and happened to look up and see this sign in one of the apartments.  It made me wonder.  Does the man who lives there KNOW this is in his window?  Did he put it there himself, or was it placed there by some friends who were giving him a hard time? 

Is it meant to ward off home invasions?

My favorite part about it is that whoever painted it ran out of room on the last word and just decided to go with the half "Y".  If that wasn't an "ah, what the hell" moment, I don't know what is.

Anyhow, I'm feeling a bit loony, too.  Let's just count what I have going on this month, shall we?  Bear in mind, please that the majority of what I'm talking about is self-induced.

  1. NaBloPoMo - a post a day, in my case featuring photography and a little writing.  Not too bad - I've got kajillions of photographs and I spend the majority of my days with children whose main method of communication involves gun and car noises, so I have a lot of grown up words to get out every day.
  2. NaNoWriMo - a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.  Okay - a little more pressure.  Again - all those grown up words help a lot, as does my need to curse occasionally, so my main character has a bit of a potty mouth.  I'm finding that to be quite therapeutic.
  3. Travel - Washington, DC this weekend, Alabama at the end of the month for Thanksgiving, and we're thinking about going to Asheville next weekend to see the Christmas lights at the Biltmore estate.  We also had my folks in over this past weekend to see the boys' recital.
  4. Homeschooling - Yep, it doesn't stop just because I'm over-extended.  Multiplication tables, anyone?  Hey - when was the last time you diagrammed a sentence?  Lucky for them, I excelled at sentence diagramming when I was in school.  I just adore prepositional phrases.
  5. Knitting up some Christmas gifts - yep.  It's true.  I'm just that stupid.
  6. Planning for the big thing that's coming up that I'm not talking about yet for fear that I will completely jinx it but that is just killing me to not talk about.  DANG.  And no, I repeat, I am not pregnant.  Because I would be talking about that.  In between tears and shots of tequila.  Just kidding.  Kind of.
  7. Cleaning out the pigsty that is currently my sons' room.  Lord.
  8. All the usual stuff that women do on a daily basis.  I mean, come on.  Are we the most overworked people in the world, or what?  Where's my union rep?

 

Anyhow - I'm not complaining about any of this.  I'm actually loving it - that's what makes me loony, I suppose.  It is always amazing to me how much I can pack into a day and manage to accomplish.  It always seems that the more I have to do, the better I function.

It helps to ward off The Darkness.

6 comments:

  1. Have a great trip to DC., Diahn !!! I repeat, knitting up some Chrismas gifts is not stupid, especially if that will be sent my way... ;-)

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL love the sign!

    No wonder we get along so well, I totally LOVED English also. And art and being creative. How in the world did I get to be a nurse?! That is totally left-brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it takes one loony to recognise another....here is my weekly posts:
    cactus monday
    my world tuesday and
    blooming tuesday
    animal wednesday
    doggie thursday (starting tomorrow)
    inspire me thursday
    illustration friday
    skywatch friday
    giggles saturday
    sunday---faint!
    plus nablopomo
    plus aedm
    plus nanowrimo
    (luckily i am not working at the moment and have no kids at home....
    come on ms loonytune, get out there and do it girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go, girl! That's one of my favorite signs in Knoxville and I have tons of BAD photos of it. I'm SO glad you got a good one!
    :-) Hmmm... loony is as loony does, momma used to say ...
    Sorry. That just popped into my mind.
    And you really are a busy one, aren't you?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat post! I find myself wanting to start a hundred projects. When I had a young daughter, it was much more difficult in one way because I had so much to keep up with her. But then as I think back, I had tons more energy back then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe we should form a looney union......you can be president since you might be the looniest of us all! Great photos!!! Are fall leaves really that color?????

    ReplyDelete