Pages

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Monumental

We weren't able to go down into the District until just before sunset yesterday, and BOY did I need a tripod, but I did manage to snap a couple of pictures that came out okay.  This one, in particular, gave me goosebumps.

Monumental

I know it's not terribly popular these days, but I admit to being a total patriotic geek.  I love my country.  Good or bad, high or low, I still believe in what it stands for, and believe that it can become what the framers intended it to be.  My usual cynicism melts away into idealism when I stand in this place.

Okay.  Enough of my sappy patriotism.  We are heading back to The National Mall in just a little while to do the Smithsonian thing and head down to the Lincoln Memorial (more goosebumps coming), the Vietnam Memorial and World War II Memorial.  The boys are loving riding the Metro - Doodlebug has been studying the maps and I'm pretty sure he has it all figured out already.

Junebug just wants to stop walking, already.

I'm looking into Segways...

Peace.

3 comments:

  1. Goosebumps, indeed! What a fantastic shot.

    Can't wait to see your pics of the other memorials and monuments. Patriotism is the very best kind of geekiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so want to visit DC again some day soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is really a wowzer!! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete