Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Snooty.

Oscar Snout

Do you know how hard it was to find a place to live where we could bring this gray-beard?

Hard.

But worth it.

We're back in Tennesse right now and the full magnitude of this upcoming move is starting to sink in. I'm making lists and planning and budgeting and panicking and obsessing. It's typical of my life that all major changes must be closely related to Christmas. Not sure why.

I got married 2 weeks after Christmas.

I had my first child 2 days before Christmas.

We sold our second house and had to move out 10 days before Christmas.

Now, we're moving on New Years' Day, a mere week after Christmas.

Because the holidays are not enough to stress a body, you know.

However - we'll make it. We always do. We'll put up our tree tomorrow and hang some lights, although less than I normally do, given how quickly after Christmas we'll be taking it all down. Our Christmas shopping is done already, with the exception of a little candy to fill out the stockings. We'll manage one more camping trip right before Christmas for Doodlebug's birthday.

And then we'll be off on the next great adventure.

I sure hope you'll all come along.

6 comments:

  1. Christmas is really a critical time in your life. Like you said, it will all work out.

    Best of everything to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to come along! Don't leave without me.

    Boy, you are right about Christmas being pivotal in your life. Must be a good thing, though. You must be so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, you really have a lot to do...nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you and your family with the move. Sounds like you are well organized and all will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've always felt like all the exciting things in my life happen in the fall. maybe it's just that i like that season so much!

    btw, my birthday is 2 days before christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WEEPING.

    That's all I have to say about that.

    ReplyDelete