Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

When the Whole World Fits Inside of Your Arms

Family at Bald River Falls

A rare photo of all four of us together, on a recent camping trip.

Look!  It's me!  Right there!  I didn't take this picture!  Weird!

I'm always so glad when someone offers to take our picture together and they actually frame up a nice shot that includes head and feet and scenery...you never know.  There's always that moment when I hand my precious (preshusss) camera over to a stranger that I think about how many pictures I have on it at the moment, and will this random stranger take off with the whole kit and does my homeowner's insurance cover theft when you voluntarily give the item away?

Am I the only paranoid in the bunch?

In any case, it's nice to have tangible evidence that I do, indeed, exist - and that I did accompany my men on our many camping trips...

5 comments:

  1. Isn't that cool? To realize that you are complete within your own little family that you helped create? Who needs sparkly, mean mothers (not you Carmen, if you're reading this...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo! Once in awhile someone comes along that actually knows how to take a good photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say you struck gold with this one. Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful photo of you all. Suitable for framing. I am always reluctant to hand my camera to a stranger, too. And I'm just shy about asking strangers to take my picture. Great background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete