Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Revealing.

I've been hinting at something on the horizon that was exciting and new and exciting and not a baby. I've finally been released to reveal what it is...

Townhouse in Arlington

We're moving.

Kind of.

Dr. SmartyPants is being assigned to a temporary position in Washington, DC, and the boys and I are packing up Ottwork Academy and hitting the road. We're maintaining our current residence, because his posting IS temporary, and we'll be back and forth a lot, mainly because I can't bear to give up my orthodontist.

We found this cute little townhouse in Arlington, just a couple of blocks away from a Metro station, so we'll be super duper mobile and taking some really SWEET field trips. This homeschooling mama is way excited about the possibilities that are set before us. It's also near a park and a library and pretty much anything we could possibly ever need, so our carbon footprint will be much reduced. And our activity level will be much increased. YAY.

January 1 is the official move date, so our December will be chock full of fun and boxes. 2009 will start with a new home, a new job, a new city and a new decade of marriage.

Should be interesting

10 comments:

  1. I apologize for any loud sounds of weeping that come from my part of town ...
    :-(
    ON THE OTHER HAND -- I'm jazzed about coming to visit DC!
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! We are looking at a move to Maryland in the next few months,nice mix of middle of nowhere and big city nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Lots of opportunity for sketchcrawls, and the museums are free - I hope Linda gets lots of time to join you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how absolutely thrilling, what a huge step and lots of growth for you all in 2009. hope you finished your before the packing starts.I have done it! 50,000 words and I am so proud,must find out how to send it for word count....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:39 AM

    Very exciting!! It is so much fun to explore new cities, and your boys will learn soooo much. I adore DC and now have one son, daughter-in-law and my youngest grandchild living in Capitol Hill. Maybe we can meet for a sketchcrawl during one of my visits! Or you can bring the group to see New York City!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a fantastic opportunity!! I hope we gets lots of photos and sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun adventure! The opportunities for learning and fun are endless in DC. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I'm just catching up with your post! How exciting! I've only been to DC once and I was just a kid then, but I remember it was a pretty cool place. So good for the kids; lots of educational material there. Looking forward to a whole new batch of photos, (but not nearly as beautiful as the ones in Tennessee). Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - I thought my holidays were hectic - You have the right attitude and a Great Adventure it will BE!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am catching up and just learned of this excting journey! I totally get how crazy it is to undertake this move. We moved from Tx to NJ when our boys were 5,9,11. Whew. What an experience and we are all better for it! Make it fun and tell us all about it!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete