Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Why I Love My Family: A List of 18 for the 18th



1. Every morning, for the past 18 days, they've walked into the "photography studio" and let me take their picture. They have even reminded me to make sure and take a photo that morning. A certain member of this family, who has had to travel for work, has even taken self portraits and sent them to me, so as to not disrupt the flow.

All Done #shakeitphoto

2. They like when I knit them things, and request items from me.

3. They give out hugs like they were free or something.

4. They clean their rooms when I ask them, even when they don't really feel like it.

5. They clean the dishes after supper, since I've already cleaned them twice during the day and made supper (thanks sweetie...)

6. They play Beatles Rock Band with admirable zest, if not laudable talent. They let me take video of said playing. They may let me post said video, if I ask often and nicely enough. PLEASEpleasepleasepleasepleaseplease, Dr. SmartyPants, PLEASE.

7. They hum Eight Days a Week while playing with Legos.

8. They sit and draw while I read to them.

9. Sometimes they fall asleep when I read to them after supper, but they pretend they've heard everything. Being an engineer is hard work and his brain gets tired. It's okay, really.

10. They let me read to them after supper instead of vegetating in front of the television. (We're reading Little House in the Big Woods right now.)

11. They think a salad and a baked potato is haute cuisine.

12. They say "excuse me," "please," and "thank you," to me, to each other, and to pretty much everyone who crosses their paths.

13. They don't like slow drivers.

14. They love dogs.

15. They love chocolate.

16. They love cars.

17. They love photography.

18. They love me.

6 comments:

  1. mennyj1:29 PM

    That is such a sweet list. and thanks for the reminder to appreciate what we have around us -- even the little things. you rule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them, too...they really are amazing menfolk. I'm sure they love you MORE...because you're AMAZING and domestic, with an edge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Sigh...can I come listen to Little House in the Big Woods, too? It's one of my favorites -- I can always picture it so clearly in my head...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing children - what a great momma

    :)

    i randomly hum 8 days a week too

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the sweetest list I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone - sometimes, when things are difficult in homeschool land, I have to make a list like this to keep my perspective!

    (and Linda...7:30, my house, in front of the fireplace. we'll save you a spot...)

    ReplyDelete