Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

He's Got Your Eyes

See these eyes?

These sweet peepers are very similar to mine. The color is greener, and the lashes are longer, but like mine...

They don't see so well.

If there was one thing I'd choose to not pass along in my DNA, it's my eyesight. I've worn glasses since I was 8, contacts since I was 14, and up until I turned 40 or so, every year I had to get stronger ones.

Dr. SmartyPants has 20/20 vision, or did until his near vision started to conk out. But still - at a distance? No problems. Derek has his father's eyes.

Lucky kid.

Today I took Joshua to get fitted for contacts. He's nine. I was 14. I'm having a hard time thinking he can handle them, but the doctor said they'd be fine - great, really, especially for sports - and so...

He learned to put them in today. Pretty much. We'll see how he does taking them out tonight, and putting them in tomorrow morning. Those gorgeous eyelashes are a bit of a hurdle to overcome.

Mah baybee. Wearing contacts. Next thing you know, he'll be sporting braces and getting a driver's permit and wanting to go on a date and...and...and...

No. It's best to not think of such things. I'll think about that tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. if my arms were 6 feet long my vision would be perfect. damned old age

    ReplyDelete