Pages

Friday, August 07, 2009

A Little Birdie Told Me...

Steviewren and Me

...that I was going to adore steviewren, and it was right!

We met up at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens yesterday afternoon, and just had a lovely time. She brought along two of her granddaughters, her daughter and her adorable 6 month old grandson. I brought Dr. SmartyPants and the bugs.

It's so interesting, this global community in which we live. I saw them walking into the gates, and knew who they were, having never met them. We started talking and already knew so much about each other that it was more like catching up with an old friend than meeting a new one.

I gave her the bluebird painting and she let me choose one of her gorgeous and expressive faces that she draws. If I had a scanner, I'd scan it and show it to you, but I'll have to wait until I get back to Arlington for that.

If you ever have a chance to meet up with one of your blogging buddies - do it! We're so blessed to be able to meet such wonderful folks online - people we'd never connect with otherwise...it definitely makes you feel a little less alone in this world, doesn't it?

Water Lily with Dragonfly

8 comments:

  1. How fun to meet her and I have one of her ATC faces and it is fabulous.

    I have met a few blogging buddies and it is like catching up as we know so much about them.

    Is your hair pink? a true artist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have a huge get together with the people that write the blogs I read. would be one huge BBQ :D lol but a lot of them live way too far away :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diahn, you beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing about you and your lovely family! Rachel and I both had the best time meeting with you yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mean all you folks are real and not virtual??!! Wow. I'm going to have to think about this..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo, especially those big smiles!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys look great. I am so close in Atlanta and I keep saying I am going to meet up with Stevie. You beat me to it. I love the pink in your hair. too cute. I'll bet you guys had so much fun. I always enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool that you finally met! What a true way to start a friendship...you look as if you've known each other forever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how delightful that you two got to meet in person!! it warms my heart that despite all the negative hype about online scams, lurkers, predators, etc. we can meet and befriend truly wonderful people!!

    ReplyDelete