Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lil' Abner and the Randomness of Tuesday

Abner>

We had a gorgeous, hot day here in the DC area, and so we had no choice but to spend it basking like lizards on a rock, only without the rock and with a swimming pool in which to cool ourselves. This was the first day we've gone that the pool wasn't overtaken with day camp kids - not sure where they were, but I can't say we missed the extra crowds.

***

It's also the first day since July 31 that I haven't spent most of my waking moments endlessly obsessing over whether or not I was promoting my shop enough - twittering and chatting online with hot babes all day, except without the hot babes.

Or, I guess they could be hot babes.


***

In any case - I spent the day reading and soaking in the sun and watching two little water bugs learn all about buoyancy and how that means that little bugs can lift big bugs and "throw" them in the water.

Gosh, I love homeschooling.

***

I did do one bit of work by listing Abner in the shop. I painted him last night while watching Soylent Green - perhaps the finest bit of work in which Charlton Heston ever had the opportunity to star.

Ahem.

It's people.

Spread the word.


7 comments:

  1. This is a great post. I always love your art.Your birds are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one. I'm not sure that I've seen a drawing of an egret just beginning to alight. Beautiful. Love the colors too.

    So, do you think this "soy" that is in so many foods is..? Nah, couldn't be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we were talking about Soylent Green the other day, neither hubby or I have ever seen it. Which is odd because I watch all kinds of movies.

    really great sense of movement to this piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure do like your birds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Avoid soy at all costs. Charlton says so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved Soylent Green. It should be a cult fave if it isn't.

    I thought Planet of the Apes was Charlton's best work...you mean I'm wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steviewren -- you are RIGHT. Planet of the Apes ROCKS.

    But I digress ... I HEART Abner. Big time. Wonderful the way he is lifting right off the page and will flying right out of the frame at any moment. This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete