Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Poladroid.

Watching

I remember when I was about 12 years old, my parents got me an instant camera, and I was immediately hooked on photography.  Of course, I could only get 10 images out of a pack of film, the film was expensive, and the budget was tight, but I loved the immediate gratification of that camera.  I loved watching the picture develop right before my eyes.

Thanks to my digital camera, I can take as many pictures as I can squeeze on my 4 GB card, but I've been lacking that anticipation of watching the film develop.

Until now.

Poladroid is a program that gives back that feeling of watching, impatiently, as the picture develops.  There is a whole community of Poladroid junkies out there - I'm woefully behind the curve, but looking forward to catching up.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds really interesting. I'm gonna check it out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm going to download it, I think -- but next week. I'm too buuuusyyyyy now to play!
    Are you still iced in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how open you are to all sorts of stuff---knitting, photography, painting and drawing, of course, and the experience of living in a new place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photo and I have to go check that link... thank you

    ReplyDelete