Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

44.

Look how close we got!  (to our TV)

P1200287

I, uhhh, added the graphics afterwards.  I thought it lent a believability and credibility.  (That's a big fat lie.  msnbc added the graphics.  I had nothing to do with it.  Except I took a picture of my TV.)

You know. 

Inauguration Day

Doodlebug would like to know why Michelle Obama will be known as the "First Lady."  He thinks that as President Obama is the 44th President, Mrs. Obama should be the "44th Lady."

I was impressed by the fact that as the bugs watched the ceremonies, they were completely still and quiet.  We watched as the poet, Elizabeth Alexander,  finished her reading (which I found rather stilted - perhaps poets should have their poems read by others?), followed by the Benediction by The Reverend Dr. Joseph E. Lowery. 

When Dr. Lowery finished, D said, "Now THAT'S poetry."

4 comments:

  1. First of all how wonderful you and the kids are now in the DC area for this historic moment.
    Second thank goodness someone else felt like i did about the poem and how she read it. I also felt the benediction by Rev. Lowery to be poetic. Kudo to your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL! D has a point -- she SHOULD be the 44th Lady! That's a wonderful observation!

    And I agree about that benediction.

    Perfect portrait, too, my friend. You caught the expression spot on.
    :-)

    Oh my -- and my word verification is
    "fazednet"
    That just struck me as odd...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with D on all observations!!! You are in DC aren't you? I would have thought you'd be out in the sea of observers....too cold huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto too Diahn, I was watching it live on Thailand CNN at Thailand midnight time. I was saying to my DH that Diahn and her lovely bugs must be in those crowd. Good to cuddle and watch from home too. My American hubby just watched a little and feel things are a bit too optimistics. Never mind him. Now you all are so close to all the action in D.C.

    ReplyDelete