Pages

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Clean.


Linda called me today and we were talking about the last few days, and I was bragging about my extraordinary list-making skills.  You know - how everything had just come together so well and I remembered everything that I was going to need for the next couple weeks and wow am I amazing or what?

Yeah.

You know - they say pride goeth before a fall...

At least it's just a small fall.  I left my camera cable at home.  Big deal, you might say.

Yes.  Yes it is.

You see - I've been taking pictures.  Lots and lots of pictures.  Pictures of the lovely breakfast Dr. SmartyPants made for us this morning in our new clean kitchen.  Pictures of the boys playing with their Star Wars dolls action figures on the table in the newly cleaned dining room.  Pictures of Chico sitting in a chair in the fresh clean living room.  Pictures of the bare branches against the crisp blue sky.

Lots of pictures.

Of course, my camera takes a Compact Flash card and my computer has a slot for an SD card.  And I have no card reader.  So.

You may notice over there in the sidebar that I've decided to take part in the Creative Everday 2009 challenge.  And, while I've been creative every day...I have nothing to show for it. 

But.  I hate to have a post with no picture, so I'll post this one I took back in November.  Tomorrow, I'll steal Doodlebug's camera and take some pictures.  His has an SD card.

Washington Monument

By tomorrow, the house will be all put together.  The only thing that remains unfinished is the studio/school space.  When that is done, out come the paints and the goals and the plan for 2009.

Stay tuned, peeps.

Peace.

6 comments:

  1. don't be too hard on yourself. you're only human. smile! lovely photo of the monument and we hope to see more of your creativity soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh...i feel so much better knowing you're there and pulling everything together. Can't wait to see Doodlebug's pictures and live vicariously in DC! I've got the after-holiday blahs...blog me, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You simply amaze me with your energy. Even if I make lists I still forget things. go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now see, you're pulling it all together! I knew you would. Isn't clean wonderful? Looking forward to your future pictures, but this one with blue skies and green grass is kind of nice right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But SEE ... you ROLLED with it. Perfect.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diahn, I just learn that you have moved to DC. Have fun and show us lots of pictures and art works.

    ReplyDelete