Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Springish.

Springy

The weather over the last couple of weeks has been bitterly cold.  We've bundled up and ventured out here and there, but haven't had any long stints playing outside for while.

Until yesterday.  Glorious yesterday.

After we finished school, we headed out to the park.  I checked my Blackberry while we were out and it said the temperature was 55F.  Fantastic.   The dogs frolicked, the boys ran and jumped and climbed and monkey-barred, I chatted long-distance with Melinda.

Strange, then, that the only thing I could find to draw was my booted leg.  The lines of it were strangely appealing, though.  So I did.

Today, we're headed out to the Museum of American History.  Surely I can find something there to draw other than my own leg.

And maybe even something to blog about other than the weather. 

Sheesh.

3 comments:

  1. I wrote about the weather for a week. Fascinating stuff. What else is there to talk about in winter? Have fun today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your multiple boot and leg drawing. I haven't found much to inspire me lately either. I'm with you, it is the lousy weather.

    Our weather here has been nicer the last 3 days also. It is so nice to see the sun and feel a little bit of warmth.

    On the subject of books and libraries....I am a little more than half way through the last Twilight book....SOOOO good! It's funny because this is so totally not my genre of choice. But I loved Harry Potter too even though I had never been attracted to anything like it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your drawing totally pulled me in and i really love it!! i think it's quite creative that you chose to draw it instead of the trees or the park bench.

    ReplyDelete