Pages

Monday, April 07, 2008

040708 - It's a Flower

I don't know the name of it, though. I'm not good with flower names.

I worked in the yard all weekend, and something has created a great deal of pressure in my sinuses that makes me feel as if my entire head is likely to explode. Gah.

I asked the boys what I should draw today, because I couldn't even THINK of it. J said..."Draw a flower." I said..."Okay."

So...here's a flower. I took a picture of it when we were at the Biltmore estate a few weeks ago. If anyone knows the name, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know so I can file it away in my head where it will promptly disappear, but at least I'll have a copy of your comment saved somewhere and I can remind myself.

7 comments:

  1. The flower is a columbine...and your painting of it is just lovely.

    Columbines can range in color from creamy white to yellow to red/yellow combos to blue and to purple. Blue columbines are the state flower of Colorado. They all have fancy name...but I don't know what they are...Sorry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes - columbine! I should have known that! Thanks Margaret Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look like a columbine - are the leaves kind of scalloped around the edges?
    This is beautiful. Tell the boys they picked well.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:37 PM

    I'd say yes, columbine is correct and I think we have some this color but it's going to be awhile before they show their lovely faces here in Michigan. I love your sketch Diahn. Haven't been here for a few days so I'm letting you know here... I love the guitar sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:49 PM

    It's a lovely flower, nicely done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I know we are related! My few days of vacation were spent with a 'sinus thing' also!

    And if I had been in the coffee shop with you two I can guarantee we would have been thrown out. I have a naughty six-year-old that lives in me :)

    I love the way you bring that white flower forward with your dark background. A technique I have yet to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flowers. Lovely sketch.

    ReplyDelete