Pages

Friday, April 04, 2008

040408 - Go Man Go

These little lovelies were on sale 10 for $10.  Why not just advertise them as $1 each, I don't know...am I supposed to think I'm getting a better deal because 10 of them are $10?  It's not like I have to buy 10 in order to get the deal.  

In any case, they were so pretty - like mutant Christmas Easter eggs - that I had to paint one.  I set it on a white surface, and the colors in the shadow were really incredible.

Go Man Go

I'm still not able to scan the green as well as I'd like.  I'm using a little mixing set of Holbein gouache - it's really quite nice - magenta, cyan and yellow.  Makes lovely mixes, but when I scan, the yellow separates out in the image and shows up as a bit garish.  I'm much happier with the green I actually achieved in the real painting than I was with yesterday's, so you'll just have to take my word for it...

6 comments:

  1. It sure looks good enough to eat!! I love how you colored this. So real looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum -- perfectly painted!!! They always kind of get me with that 10 for $10 bit -- I never buy 10, but I always get, like, 5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see the original - already this one is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:41 PM

    A yummy delight. Did you paint the sticker or is it a sticker? It's a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ;-) It's the actual sticker...Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee hee hee -- the real sticker on there cracked me up when I saw it today! This is even beautifuller in real life, if that is possible!

    ReplyDelete