Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fare Thee Well, March...We Hardly Knew Ye...

Cherry Blossoms new

Whoa. It's the last day uh, day before the last day of March. (Note to self: check calendar before posting. Also, finish coffee before posting. That is all.) Is anyone else shaking their heads and wondering how it flew by at light speed? I think it must be the fact that February lasted about seven weeks this year, leaving March only enough time to smile a little sunshine and flowers on us before flitting away.

Of course, I'm not really helping things by putting up the April banner already, but I was excited about the new template possibilities in Blogger, and couldn't wait to try it out. I hope you'll all let me know what you think - it's quite a departure from my usual simple white background. I'm worried that it is too busy and visually cluttered...feel free to weigh in. I've switched back to regular Blogger comments, as well - there were too many people that had trouble with the other, and I'd rather get comments than have some slick and different system that causes chaos and headaches!

I changed the template and header at quirk, as well...I'd love your comments on it, too, if you have a minute.

Linda and I did a little mind mapping when we met up last week, and we came up with a theme, if you will, for the month of April - not just for quirk, but for any and all creative output for the month.

random divergent thought interjection...did you know you can buy mind mapping SOFTWARE. Because it's so difficult to use a pen and a piece of paper? Because we need to digitize free-form thoughts? Hello? I love technology, but give me a break, people - the whole point of mind-mapping is to be non-linear and let your right brain take over the process...

ANYway...I'll talk more about what we came up with, and maybe a little bit of why, although I don't think it will be too hard to understand. Now, if I can just come up with some idea on how to represent it tomorrow, I'll be golden.

I think I'll make an spreadsheet of possibilities and prioritize it according to cost and man-hours...

11 comments:

  1. Hi Diahn,
    I really like the new look of your blog and the header is fantastic. Your photography keeps getting better and better, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new template. I just looked at them yesterday and I don't think I was given this option. I don't think it too busy...more interesting I'd say. Change is good. Love the banner and I'm interested and hearing what April's theme will be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog looks great! Wasn't sure I was in the right place at first but I really like the new look! And the new banner is super too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Stephanie and Ann - I'm pretty excited about Blogger's new template options - much more individualized possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photo! February did feel long, even though it is the shortest month.

    BTW, tomorrow, Wednesday, is the last day of March. April arrives on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. See...I told you I was getting ahead of myself... :)

    It does pay to look at the calendar before you post something, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. this whole year has gone by way too fast.

    really like the new blog look :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't looked at the new templates 'cause I knew I'd be on the computer all day if I did... Of course, I was on the computer all day anyway, and I don't have a snazzy new blog template or header to show for it like you do! Bummer. I better change that.

    I like the banner. I like the tab format, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the new look, love the banner and you are so right... March flew by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:15 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete