Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

I'll Fly Away

Udvar-Hazy museum


We've spent the last few hours at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, a companion facility to the National Air and Space Museum on the national mall. It is a wonderful place - full of aircraft and spacecraft and all manner o'things that can fly, including the space shuttle Enterprise and an SR-71 Blackbird.

I took this photo on the commercial side of the museum, although we didn't actually make it over there to see all the planes. You can click on the photo and it will take you to my Flickr account, where you can view it much larger. It's a huge place.

HUGE.

The interesting part of this (in case you were wondering...) is the way I took the photo. I used my iphone to snap a bunch of pictures, and then stitched them together on the iphone using a little app I found the other day called AutoStitch, then I uploaded it to Flickr using Mobile Fotos.

If I could just find a decent blog writer app that actually liked Blogger, I could ditch the laptop entirely and go all iphone, all the time.
*****************************************************
We're heading south for few days tomorrow. I'm very hopeful that the weather will be nice enough to put the top down on the convertible and drive around town a little bit...I miss that.

For now - I'm heading up to my studio to package up the paintings (yes, that's plural...I sold Basil yesterday!) for mailing and delivery next week.  Maybe all those sales over the last week will inspire me to paint something new.

That and the supery, doopery, fantastalicious spring weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment