Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mall Blogging

IMG

Yep.

Sitting in the food court. Blogging over Kung Pao Chicken.

My children love me.

Are you done, Mama? (although Derek has taken to calling me "Mother." Eww.) Can we go to the Disney Store? HOW MUCH LONGER?

Ahem.

I drew this egret from life. Or rather, death. Uhm. From taxidermy. I found the magical section of the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History that is dedicated to birds of the DC area. They're all stuffed and in poorly lit cabinets on the lowest floor, tucked behind the bathrooms in a hallway.

I'd say it's shameful, but it certainly doesn't draw much of a crowd, which makes it much easier to look at them, so I'm going to keep my mouth shut about that, people.

**************************************
Now - I'm off to see what hidden treasures lay within the hallowed halls of the West Town Mall - other than babies. Lord, at the babies. Joshua looked at me a minute ago and said, "Hey Mama, there sure are a lot of babies in here. They cry a lot. A LOT."

And you know what?

They do.

No comments:

Post a Comment