Pages

Friday, November 06, 2009

Blind Contour Friday - Week 4

Welcome to Blind Contour Friday! I hope you all broke out your pens and paper and played along this week, or that you'll play sometime before next Friday. All you have to do is create your own blind contour drawing, post it on your blog and leave your name and a link to your post in the Mr. Linky there at the bottom of this post.

If you're having trouble thinking of something to draw, you can check this great list of ideas and just pick one. Relax, pick up your pen and S L O W down while you observe what you are drawing carefully.

Please make sure you link your post back here so we can spread the word and add more and more players. If you use Twitter or Facebook, feel free to post it there, as well!
*************************

Blind Contour "Snapper"

Obviously, I still haven't cleaned the scanner...

This is a blind contour drawing of my youngest son's stuffed dog, Snapper. WOW, those soft edges are difficult to follow. I seemed to do much better when I tried to follow individual hairs on the right side.
*************************************
In other news - reviews are mixed regarding this commenting system - I'm going to try to see if I can make it easier, but if I can't, I'll be going back to the plain old Blogger comments. I appreciate all your help in reviewing it for me.

The main thing that is bothering me about it right now, is that it isn't immediately evident that you can use it without registering for Disqus, and that you can use your Google ID to sign in so that there is a link to your blog (you should be able to do that via the Open ID option.)

I'm going to give another day or two, but if I can't resolve those issues, I'm axing it...
**************************************************
Have a great weekend, peeps!





No comments:

Post a Comment