Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What do you get when...

...you mix insomnia, an obnoxious cat and a brand spankin' new Pottery Barn catalog? Well - - - this, I guess. I was scouring the catalog for anything remotely resembling orange, when Pugsley crawled up on top of my drawing board (as usual) to lay right in the middle of what I was doing. A few late nights and paper cement fumes later, we have this collage of shiny paper - a first for me. I must say I was pretty pleased with the way the shadow turned out...
 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:19 AM

    Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaaay cool! How big is this? How did you do it? I wanna try one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's fabulous! So many tiny pieces too! Tell us about doing this...it looks very complicated to get all the little pieces and the colors just right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! My favorite out of the last three, although all are beautiful. I am not sure why I like it but you captured something maybe it's the use of shine, the hair, the realistic look of Pugsely... I don't know but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous! I'm still struggling with depicting my cat's fur in my drawings, I can't believe you could do it so well with this type of collage. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete