Pages

Friday, March 03, 2006

Transitional Colors


I forgot to post this one - it was the last of the pinks, done on Feb 28, in the Moleskine. It includes the plan for the next few months of colors - green, blue, red and yellow. I thought that after last month's pink and this month's orange, we'd cool it down for awhile - plus April makes green a breeze - green is not a breeze, but finding green things in April is a breeze! (assuming this crazy east tennessee weather hasn't killed everything off by then...)

The second picture here is also in the Moleskine - my not-so-cheap watercolors don't dry so chalky...hmmm imagine that...this one is an example of this crazy east Tennessee weather - beautiful sunny day on the first day of March - high was around 72 - in the sunny areas it was very warm! The boys and I decided to take advantage, and spend the day outside. We went to a local park after school and they climbed and jumped and ran and slid and squealed while I drew the play structure. Yes - outside, in public, right out there in the open - not even one person (that I was aware of) looked at me funny.

This afternoon, Linda and are off on a Knoxville sketchcrawl. This time we are actually going to try and get some drawing done...and I'll try to post those very soon!
 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Just in the short time I have been peeking into your passion, it has blossomed and I think you are so gifted. Who cares if someone looks at you funny, if they do, they are just envious of your ever-growing talent. :)
    Keep on growing and stretching your passion, it is magnificent! ~C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! I had fun today, and we did get some drawing done, even if it wasn't reams and reams worth. These are awesome -- I'm glad you posted the playground page, because I could look at it over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:14 PM

    I am SO IMPRESSED over this playground drawing...I've tried several times to draw one of these while my 3 and 5 yr old girls were playing on it...and I didn't quite do it justice, shall we say... but they are still at the age where they're always wanting mom's attention, so the distraction makes it tough...ok, that's my lame excuse for not getting the perspective and shading right...you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete