Pages

Monday, November 08, 2010

This Little Piggy Went to Market

farmers market

Holy smokes, I'm going to miss this.

Every Saturday, we walk a little more than a mile down our city streets to the city farmer's market. It's where I pick up my wonderful and delicious hydroponically grown lettuce that is the basis of all of my meals. I don't know how I can live without it. It makes grocery store lettuce taste like old newspapers.

We walk down together and pick out our produce for the week and sample the various fruits and vegetables...

samples

Here, the boys are trying out the incredibly rich chocolate milk from Clear Spring Creamery - a grass-based natural dairy in Maryland. Let me tell you - I don't even like milk and I like their milk...

radishes

Everything is so beautiful and appealing - it just makes you want to eat better.

pears

Mmm...more samples...

There is a really nice farmer's market in Knoxville - the main difference is that, well, we have to drive there. I know, I know - I keep harping on about it - the walking thing, but honestly...

It all comes down to it.

It just means that we'll have to make a habit of getting up and driving to downtown Knoxville and spending the morning getting our marketing done before we do anything else.

A new tradition - a new mindful task for our Saturdays...

1 comment:

  1. Sigh...I would miss that, too. The beautiful food and walking everywhere. I've always wanted to live somewhere where I could walk to the corner market for a pint of milk. And then to the bookstore...and Starbucks. You've had a great adventure these last two years...enjoy your remaining time there. Looks like you're making the most of it. How's that list coming along? :)

    ReplyDelete