Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Metropolis

courthouse

This is one of the things that I will miss about DC, that Dr. SmartyPants will definitely not be missing. And if I had to ride it every day, twice a day, at rush hours, I would probably agree with him.

But I don't. So I still like it.

I love the ease of it. The lack of traffic issues. The not having to find a parking place parts.

vienna

I love the people watching. Except the guy that exposed himself to my parents.

I didn't like that guy.

orange line

I like that it will take me almost anywhere I want to go. (Because you know I can walk the rest of the way...)

And I love the light that filters down the escalators when you travel back up above the subterranean tunnels.

virginia square

Especially this one. In my neighborhood.

Where I walk.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics, it's amazing what you can capture with a camera, a simple and ordinary thing like a subway looks beautiful when you take them.
    My daughter who lives in DC makes great use of the public transportation in DC, works well for her.
    I'm reminded of the time many years ago we took the 3 girls for a visit to DC. We're sitting in the front of the car and something hits me in the head. It was an oreo cookie. Someone actually threw an oreo cookie at me. I turned around to see a group of 6 young people laughing. Much to my wifes chagrin, I had to confront them to see which one of them threw the oreo cookie at me. I think what made me upset was the fact that it was an oreo cookie. Who throws oreo cookies?
    Oh, sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like your subway photos...the other worldliness of the exposure, the loneliness of the empty station, the cavernous way the barrel ceiling makes it look...I like it all.

    ReplyDelete