Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

The Sketchbook Project

Sketchbook Project

So, there's this thing you may have heard of...it seems to be popping up in all the art blogs I read lately, and now I can't even remember when I first read something about it, except that it was a long time ago and I've just now managed to figure out what to do with it and now I feel completely behind except that I ordered my book ages ago and...

What? You don't know what I'm talking about?

I'm sorry. I'm in a bit of a tizzy.

The thing is The Sketchbook Project - a kind of traveling art show for sketchbooks - and I've decided to participate this year. You can click here for all the information in the world about it, and you still have time to sign up if you want to, which would be awesome and I would totally go check your book out when it comes to the town nearest wherever I happen to be at the time.

No, really - I would. And do you know why?

Because you're awesome. And I love ya.

Yeah. Okay - enough of the sappy stuff...let's talk themes!

In The Sketchbook Project, participants are required to select a theme for their book, although they have complete artistic freedom to interpret that theme in whatever way they will.  I chose "Lines and Grids," and so the image above is my first full spread in the sketchbook - a grid of leaves, heavily lined. Every other spread will follow this pattern, but no two leaf spreads will have the same type leaves on them.

Alternating spreads will play on the theme a bit differently.

But you'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out what that means.

Hey...I've gotta keep you coming back, right?

6 comments:

  1. I really yike this....oh, you're going to have so much fun with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea! I look forward to seeing more pages. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds great - i will look forward to seeing more of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you joined the project. There are a couple of other people whose progress I'm watching as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh. I'd love to be part of the project, but I can't afford to pay my dues. *shakes fist at the economy* Maybe I'll make sketchbooks at home with themes and just donate them to my local library, lol.

    Needless to say, it's awesome that you're a part of this, and I'll be eagerly watching your progress!

    ReplyDelete