Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Orange You Happy, Yet?

Warmth

Just last week, my kitchen looked like this. I painted it this color before we even moved into our house over 4 years ago. It has been a wonderful color, but I was growing a little weary of it, to tell the truth.

new_paint

Now my kitchen looks like this. It's soft and light and pretty.

I like pretty.

new_couch

The motivation for the sudden paint job was the purchase of this sofa the weekend before. We set it down, up against the orange in the kitchen, and I lost all vision in my left eye for about 10 minutes. After I recovered, I painted and re-caulked and cleaned and then I sat down in front of the TV, faced the sofa and kitchen and smiled.

raikki_guilty

Somebody got a bit curious about that strange-smelling green goo I was playing with...

raikki_guilty_evidence

See it? Right there?

And as I didn't find any dog-head shaped smudges in the paint on the wall, I can only assume he stuck his head in the roller pan.

Twit.

2 comments:

  1. Your new sofa looks very much like the one I was drooling over last weekend. I want a new one so bad I can taste it!! I thought I wanted a latte color until I saw the soft gray.

    Enjoy your newly harmonious living space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL dogs crack me up

    gorgeous sofa!

    ReplyDelete