Pages

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

I Love Maters

My Maters #crossprocess

I love maters.
Do you?
I plan to spend the entire summer eating maters every day.

My favorite recipe?
Pick a tomato.
Wash it.
Cut it into wedges.
Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
Place a wedge in mouth. Chew. Swallow. Repeat.

My second favorite recipe?
Pick a tomato.
Wash it.
Slice it.
Spread mayonnaise (never Miracle Whip, people. that would just be crazy) on two slices of WonderBread.
Place tomato slices on top of one slice of bread. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
Place the other slice of bread on top.
Cut at an angle (not straight across - come one...what's wrong with you?)
Take first bite.
Scrape WonderBread from back of teeth.
Repeat last two steps.
Make another mater sammich and do it all over again.

I'm telling you - it makes me want to bolt a wood-frame screen door to my back door and install the spring a little too tightly so that it slams shut when I go in and out.

Because then it would definitely be summer.

2 comments:

  1. That's too funny, I love the scraping of the bread from teeth line, I could actually taste that bite. Yep, it's summer, it's mater time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:54 AM

    and to enjoy even more you buy a cheap dehydrator at Walmart and dry and freeze. Then you take out a handful, rehydrate with boiling water, drain and mix with olive oil. The sweetest taste of summer in winter you'll ever find!!! Love your mater photo hermana!

    ReplyDelete