Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Too Soon Gone...

Stalk II

I recently joined in a Facebook discussion about real and virtual friends, and if one could be friends with someone you've never actually met. I took the side of "absolutely," and today I feel it even more.

A great light has gone out in our little blogging community. Char was a one-of-a-kind soul. Her photography and writing were both so poetic and dreamlike. She was kind and thoughtful and she will be missed tremendously by any who were privileged enough to know her, in real life or in this virtual one, as I did.

Any of the wonderful compilation of posts here can tell you what you should know about Char. Take a few minutes to read them, look back at the lovely images she shared so freely with us.

Godspeed, Char. And thank you.

8 comments:

  1. Very nice comment Diahn, I hope somehow her family could read what nice things people are saying about her, I didn't meet her, actually or virtually, but I'm beginning to wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still can't believe she's gone....char was one of the good ones....and i had actually talked to her on the phone and i truly believe having heard her voice is making this that much harder.....xoxo

    ps...to what mark said, i have kept her sister up to date with the tributes. if you could go to ygtbkm.blogspot.com and ask for your's to be added to the list, that would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Mark...

    Beth - I know what you mean. While I hadn't spoken with her on the phone, we had emailed back and forth quite a bit about cameras and lenses, and her voice was very clear to me. I'll go leave a comment on ygtbkm so her family can see it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for leaving your link and thanks for your kind words on Char. It truly is amazing to see how many lives she touched. That speaks volumes about the kind of human being she was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in shock! I had hoped to have the opportunity to meet her one day...maybe during cherry blossom season at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens. I know she would drive up just to photograph them.

    I'll miss her thoughtful posts and wonderful photography.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie - I know. I had kind of half-imagined that the three of us would be able to get together in Birmingham, now that I'm back in Knoxville.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we had planned to meet a while back at the B'ham botantical gardens but it didn't work out that time - we were going to try again. i will sorely miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just arrived here via Mandy Fish's blog...and wanted to stop and say how beautiful your tribute to Char is...It has been awhile now since I learned of her death but I still hurt...online friendships are definitely real!

    ReplyDelete