Pages

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Lazy, Hazy

Summer Retreat

I shot some black and white film in our Canon AE-1 a while back, where a while back equals last summer. I just got the film developed this week. I'm always on top of things around here.

This is the corner of my front porch next to my gigantic oak leaf hydrangea, and it's one of the nicest places to sit and watch the cul-de-sac go by while sipping a cool beverage. The hydrangea provides shade and perfume, made all the more sweet by the unrelenting heat. I'm half-hidden when I sit there, so I can listen in on conversations and squabbles, territorial disputes and sibling battles, unseen and unnoticed.

It's kind of an eavesdropper's heaven.

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful photo - I am relaxed just looking at it. I think it would make a great watercolor, given the magical way in which the leaves and shadows blend.

    ReplyDelete