Pages

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Happy Accidents

Doubly Exposed

I love unexpected surprises, don't you? This photo, from the end of the film, yielded a lovely little double exposure, and I couldn't have planned it any better. The church is one of three in Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It's a lovely clapboard structure, seated on a foundation of stacked stones culled from the valley. Inside are hard wooden pews, aligned in rigid rows, and a pulpit at the front topped by a heavy bible.

I don't remember which shot came first, but I took a photo of both the outside of the church, and of the open bible, and somehow they melded together into this shot. It looks almost as if the very walls of the church are constructed of scripture.

Seems apropos, doesn't it?

6 comments:

  1. I love happy accidents and this one is so right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this! See? Even your accidents are talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that's really perfect!

    (and I love you rocker, too...think my comment about it may be lost in the ether...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone! I wish things went this well when I was trying... ;)

    And Linda...why does my blog hate your comments? I'm going over to check my spam right now...maybe you've been flagged!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope. Not in spam. Not awaiting moderation...it's just disappeared. Very strange.

    ReplyDelete