Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Sneaky Peeky

office sneak peak

I got my shelves put up over my work table, and started loading in art supplies and trying to arrange everything to be efficient and useful. It's getting there, but I'm still not quite done. For one thing, I bought two fewer shelves than I intended, so I have nothing on the shelf supports at the top of the brackets, which is one reason that you're only getting a peek instead of the entire view of this wall.

The other reason is that I'm a little unsure about the print hanging above my table. I had originally intended to hang a cork board there, but saw this alphabet print and kind of loved it, so I thought I'd try it instead. I still love the print, but I'm not sure that this is the space for it - it seems a little busy to me, although I don't think a cork board would be any less visually cluttered. We'll see. I haven't actually done any work in there yet, so it's very hard to make a final decision.

I tried really hard to get a good photo that showed what the wall color is - it's not white, but kind of a pale sea-greenish gray - very light and reflective, but not harsh. It reminds me of the cottages on the Gulf of Mexico coast - airy and breezy and salty. It's such a dramatic step up from the flat builder's tan that's been in that room since we moved in, that it is very hard to imagine how I ever got any work done in there before. This is the last room in the house to be painted, and I've never been so glad to see something go away...

I still need a desk chair, and there's a green love seat in the room that needs to be moved out but I'm starting to see the light at the end of this giant de-cluttering tunnel. I've thrown away so much junk that I can't imagine why I was holding on to - I've created huge piles of things to sell in an upcoming garage sale or to donate. All these shelves I've just installed are not even full, which is pretty darned wonderful. It's making me want to go up there and sit (on the non-existent chair) and start a new drawing or painting or brainstorming session for a new photography series.

office sneak peak 2

I love that little bubble of creative energy that starts to tickle my heart at the beginning of a new chapter of inspiration.

Tomorrow, I'll tell you all about my newest venture and ask you for a little help...and I'll be giving something away to thank you all for your support and your hugs and your comments and your inspiration to me.

Until then...

2 comments:

  1. I know...I've finally sorted the black-hole drawers, closet cubbyholes and full-of-stuff-under-sink cabinets. It's all so clean and serene now. Soon I'll be able to move the charming old (but new to me) desk into place and set it up. It has cubbyholes and drawers to arrange. Can't wait! Why is it that this truly does spark inspiration?

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm with you - love the print but it would be too busy in my art room. but i do love it.

    ReplyDelete