Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

If I Had a Million, Billion, Trillion Dollars

Dream Car #shakeitphoto #nomad


  • I'd buy this car in full-scale, instead of staring at the Hot Wheel model on my desk.
  • I'd buy a smaller house with more land and build a light-filled studio on it that would be a haven I'd seek every morning and afternoon and evening and night.
  • I'd give a million to the organizations that help addicts become healthy and functional people again.
  • I'd buy my mom and dad a house and some land that didn't have any rental property associated with it so they could learn to like people again.
  • I'd finance my children's college education, but I wouldn't tell them it was paid for and I'd make them work really hard for it anyway, and the checks they wrote for their tuition would go to a scholarship fund for kids who didn't have enough money to go to college.
  • I'd buy my husband any car he wanted, and build him his own private racetrack so he could drive the way he likes to drive.
  • I'd give another million to start an organization to give kids whose family couldn't afford music lessons a private lesson once a week.
  • I'd hire a housekeeper.
  • His name would be Sven.
  • I'd think about buying a baby grand, but because I just bought a smaller house, I'd realize the futility in that and just get our upright tuned.
  • I'd finance a major ad campaign to convince people to not shop at Wal-Mart and to buy locally so businesses that really care about their employees and customers could thrive instead of die.
  • I'd bribe local officials to go ahead and finished that damned road already.
  • I'd buy Linda a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a personal dog trainer so she wouldn't have to clean up after it.
  • I'd give another million to a really under-represented cancer charity, because how else can they compete with the ta-tas?
  • I'd convince Dave Matthews to come and play for my birthday party and then he'd just move in and play for me every day, and he and Dr. SmartyPants would be best friends and we'd all hang out together and talk about the good old days, but our house would be too small, so we'd just build him his own studio on our land, too.
  • I'd still homeschool my kids, but our field trips would be slightly more elaborate.
  • I'd probably still shop at Target, but I might not stick to the clearance rack.
  • I'd show up here, day after day, and blog about nothing and people would tell me I was wasting my time when I had all that money to spend and charities to endow and Gwyneth Paltrow to hang out with, and I wouldn't care because I love all you people.
What would you do?

6 comments:

  1. Oooh...can I bring my new Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy to your house to meet Dave Matthews? She would be well trained enough not to chew on his shoes or pee on the guitars.

    (Thanks for the puppy, by the way...)

    If I had a million billion dollars I would quit my little J-O-B, or at least go PRN, and travel, but I think I would be sure to buy a reallly cool condo on a second or third floor on Market Square so you and I could have studio space. There would be a room for a baby grand that we could share and a good place for the kids to do their schoolwork. The guys could probably come hang out with us, as long as they weren't too jealous of Dave Matthews....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. "I'd hire a housekeeper. His name would be Sven".

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's obvious that money won't change you at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha Diahn,really fun list, recently I went to Denmark, my Professor friend there told me that one hour pay for a maid there is 100$ US. !!!

    Let me know when you have million to do these things, I might sign up for your housekeeper, and I can paint with you too when I am not working...

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Million, Billion, Trillion?
    - I'd get a new car. I've had 2 cars in 24 years; I think I'm allowed to splurge. Maybe a Corolla.
    - I'd buy a small house with a yard big enough to support growing the fresh produce we love so. With a kitchen big enough to cook for company.
    - I'd splurge on art supplies.
    - I'd buy a teardrop trailer and go travelling, hiking and painting, all across the country with TheBigBear ♥
    - and visit my bloggy friends, in person.
    - I'd donate money for design student scholarships.
    - I'd donate money for design thinking education at the K-12 level.
    - I'd get my Master's in sumpthin' sumpthin'.
    - I'd get my paws on an Eames leg splint
    - and red Keds
    - and one nice tailored suit. Or maybe just a nice tailored jacket. So I can look somewhat put-together when I talk about how I came into a Million Billion Trillion bucks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have an adorable brain!

    ReplyDelete