Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Park it Here.

Park

My gym teacher in the 8th grade was named Ms. Park.

I had a weird habit of saying everyone's names backward in my head back then. In fact, I still do it.

Linda...Adnil
Melinda...Adnilem
Derek...Kered
Joshua...Auhsoj

Hi.  My name is Nhaid Nosnhoj Tto.

I used to ride in the backseat of the car and point out helpful things like "Hey Mom... Mom... Mom."

"What, dear."

"Did you know that Ford spelled backward is Drof? That's weird. Drof. D.R.O.F"

Mom...whispering, "you're weird."

"What Mom?"

"Oh, nothing, sweetie. That's very interesting. Let's play the quiet game."

So, anyway. Back to Ms. Park...

See... what happens when I play this little mental game is that IN MY MIND that becomes the person's name.

So her name was Sm. Krap.

Which meant that every time I walked in gym class, I snickered and said, "some crap," under my breath.

Which could explain why I was always used as the demonstration target for Dodgeball...

"JOHNSON! Go stand on the Cougar in the middle of the gym. I want to show the rest of the class the "No Hit Zones."

I still flinch every time I see a ball coming toward me.

2 comments:

  1. Hee hee ... I remember you telling me about that! It still tickles the park out of me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I love you. small crap...and that she was. :)

    ReplyDelete