Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

NINE!

I AM NINE

Nine years old. I can't believe it.

Nine years since he captured my heart, 
entering the world backwards and loudly and in a completely unexpected way.

Eight years since he learned to walk. 

Seven years since he decided to talk. 

Six years since he learned to use the toilet. 

Five years since he went to preschool and learned to read. 

Four years since he went to kindergarten and realized he is smarter than I am. 

Three years since he learned to ride a bike with no training wheels. 

Two years since he figured out how to turn a flip into the pool. 

One year since he discovered the power of making other people laugh.

To me, though...when I watch him sleeping, or catch a glimpse of him out of the corner of my eye, or when he grabs my hand as we walk across a busy street...

Joshua at one

He still looks like this...oatmeal and all...

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, I just want to hug him, oatmeal and all!
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say 9 years since he met his really nice mom.
    Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet! I have a big ole sentimental spot in my heart for boys. I loved having a daughter to do girl stuff with, but there is nothing like having your son tell you he loves you.

    My oldest son's birthday is today too. It's been 36 years since I first laid eyes on him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. he looks very happy to be nine!! i hope his birthday was the very bestest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. best pictures ever...happy birthday, J.

    ReplyDelete