Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

How the Weekend Stacked Up

Stacked 3

I painted. Hurray!
***************
The soccer game was so long and not-winnish that I took no pictures. But the players had a great time and didn't care one bit. Also it rained a bit. Because just losing by six goals wasn't punishment enough for one day.
***************
The British on the Green car show wasn't rained out, so we went and checked out the British cars. But I couldn't fine even ONE Italian to annoy. Bummer.

Mini with Cricket Bat

But there was a really cute Scotsman serving ice cream, and when he said things like "chocolate" and "scoop," my heart fluttered a little. Dr. SmartyPants wouldn't let me hang out at the ice cream stand after that.
***************
I bought a new house on the Pappamomick River. (that's the Potomac, for all you non-Joshua native speakers). It has a lovely view and dock and a boat and a wrap-around porch.

My New House

The only downside is that the people living there don't seem to remember selling it to me.

sigh...
***************
Happy Monday, my people...

5 comments:

  1. LOL i do that too - picture buying the houses in my mind.

    sounds like a pretty good weekend over all

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, rain at a soccer game equals MUD! i'd have fun and mom would drive me home in a garbage bag.

    and the stacked birds are cool ... glad you got some painting time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a house with a wrap around porch like that :D hehehe great bird picture, would be amusing to see in the wild

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stacked shore birds - wonderful piece!
    But you can't buy that house - it's mine! I wish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your leg up painting. I miss seeing your work regularly. Love the house, buy me one too.

    ReplyDelete