Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

He Looks Like a Weirdy!



Good grief, what strange people I have to deal with on a daily basis...but they are cute, aren't they?

We spent the weekend day-tripping around Maryland, trying to squeeze in as many of the surrounding sights and attractions as possible before we head back to our normal, Knoxville life in November. We've been here a bit more than a year, and it seems to have suddenly occurred to us to get busy...we won't be here forever! Of course, I think I spent that first year either driving to or from Knoxville, so that kind of got in the way of actually going to parks and museums and the like. This year should have less traveling back and forth...

At least that's the plan. I'm already trying to see how I can get to Mudbug Madness again this year...and it just may work with the soccer schedules.

Which would be awesome.

And not just because I'm sure Melinda would make me some crawfish etouffee. Etoufee. Eh-tooo-fay. Whatever. It's good, no matter how you spell it.

**************************************
I'm also trying to see how I can fit, oh - I don't know - a little ART back into my life. Not that photography isn't art, and not that I haven't enjoyed playing photographer for the past few months, but my fingers are itching to get a paintbrush in my hands and I just can't seem to find the time to get anything down on paper.

I was sitting at the playground today, while the weirdies ran off some energy, so I made a list of reasons why I'm not finding time to create, and guess what popped up as the number one time suction device in my life?

Yeah. The internet. Duh.

I can always go look just one more thing up, or read just one more inspirational blog, or research just one more painting technique.

Hello. My name is Diahn. I'm an internetaholic.

So. What am I gonna do about it?

Heh. Whine, most likely.

And then set some serious boundaries on my blog surfing, reading, blahblahblah.

Yeah, whatever.

You won't likely notice a change here, because this is the easy part - the part that doesn't take much time.  But, I'll be giving myself a once-daily Google Reader window of opportunity...once a day to check the 973 blogs I read (or whatever...there's a lot. I don't actually count them.)

Because, see...the problem isn't me. It's all YOUR fantastic blogs that keep me from getting my art done.

Stop being so fabulous, why don't you?

(no...don't...I can lick this thing...I just know I can...)

What are your worst time wasters? How do you deal with them? I'd really love to know!

4 comments:

  1. I swear, D has just grown up in the past month or so. Good grief.

    I can't figure out what my time wasters are ... surely the internet is part of it. Part of it is that pesky little thang known as a J-O-B.
    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diahn I know all to well what you are feeling. I tried limiting my internet then felt guilty not having time to visit everyone. My day time clients keep my busy and the organizations I got involved in. I am slowly working my way back into my art. Saying no to somethings. And trying to carve out time to visit my blogging friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mudbugs, music, baseball and beer! Woo hoo! I'm keeping my fingers crossed...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My job, my laziness, my need to zone in front of the window, my internet addiction.....sleeping, bathing, everything!

    ReplyDelete