Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Feelin' Hot Hot Hot

I'm going to start out by saying...THERE WAS NO BLOOD ON TUESDAY!

Now, you can safely read the rest of this post.

I've been drawing! and painting! and cutting out things! and taping! and gluing! All in the name of doing a little CPR on my creativity.  (Hmmm...CPR...Creativity!Power! R..oh, forget it.)

I started working on a new little birdie drawing, and it was going well until I completely overworked it and couldn't get it back and it was on cold press paper which is the devil incarnate. inpapernate. inpulpnate.

quiet spaces #18

Whatever. It's crap and I hate it.

I was only using it because I thought I was out of hot press.

But then? While I was looking for something else?

I found a whole new pad of hot press - a little smaller than I wanted to use, but at least it's not evil cold press.

Stacked

And I started something new. Something smooth and hot pressy, with lots of line work. And oh, yes, you bet...there will be color. Tomorrow. And I will not overwork it because I am a strong and powerful woman.

Just like Madonna. (sorry...Glee...love it.)

Anyhow - what's up with the stacked birds? Honestly - I don't know. I'm thinking of stacking lots of different things - maybe it will be my next series...I need a good series...

Any suggestions? What should I stack?

7 comments:

  1. Doughnuts! Shoes! Turtles! Snowglobes! Coffee cups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how i love glee....and last night was fantastic. and as i type this, i'm listening to their cd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mo! Excellent suggestions...I think I should start with doughnuts... :)

    Char - I know - it was brilliant, wasn't it? And I ADORE the soundtracks...and listen to them way more often than I probably should...and sing along way too loudly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. -->I wish I could create things like that.
    How about stacking frogs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohhh...frogs! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...I'm thinking donuts AND turtles ... with frogs on the side eyeballing it all...
    That's a bummer about the stacked bluebirds and the cold pressed paper. But I LIKES where this inky line drawing is heading -- yes I likes it, I does...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should stack donuts but I know there would be bites out of each CHOCOLATE one in the stack!!!!

    ReplyDelete