Pages

Monday, March 10, 2008

Stumped

Sunlight

I've made it all the way through the longest part of winter without being too badly affected.

Until last week.

Or maybe the week before. It's hard to say, now.

In any case...I'm stuck. Stumped. Stultified. Stalled, stifled, squashed. Stagnant.

Are you getting my drift, here?

It's hard to say why. Daylight savings time just didn't start soon enough. Someone looked at me cross-eyed last Wednesday. Spring Break is next week. Who the heck knows anymore.

It doesn't really matter why, I think. What matters is breaking through the funk. The stump-funk. The steaming, stultifying, stagnant, stalled, stifled, squashed stump-funk.

Aren't you glad you dropped in today? Here - have a big steaming cup of stump-funk with me! Pull up a chair and whine awhile.

You'll fit right in.

Bleh.

5 comments:

  1. I love the photo...I loved it the first time I saw it weeks back. I can relate to the stump-funk...been feeling it a bit myself, especially this weekend. But, like you said, you made it through the bulk of winter and spring is on it's way and you can do your happy dance!

    Love you...MoJo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! Don't be stumped....You are way to creative for that! Look at the pics I sent you maybe that will stir some emotion!
    Love, Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about
    1. coming down to Birmingham Botanical Garden for Japanese garden plein air painting with me in early April. Or
    2. bring the boys along to join me and my daughter for the trip to Atlanta aquarium on Friday March 28. I bet you can get a ton of cool sketches.

    I am flying from Thailand to BHM in 2 weeks to visit family. And I am looking forward to that.

    Let's jazz up our art funk. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ppffffftttt!!!!!
    That's all I have to say.

    Okay -- I can say more -- spring will be here soon! Hang on, little tomato! Do we need to get some cans of spray paint and do some grafitti?
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:59 PM

    I also just say...hang in there, it WILL pass!! In the meantime, have a big steaming cup full of real stuff...good ole coffee, or tea..! I'm sending you some good ole fashioned hugs too..
    Ronell

    ReplyDelete