Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Crayola Rocks!

Okay. All too often, I complain about lousy customer service and shoddy craftsmanship, etc. But today...I'm going to give a big KUDOS to Crayola. Now...I'm a big Crayola fan. I love their products - my kids love their products and usually I can buy them without any fear that they are going to be less than fantastic.



Yesterday, the boys and I went to the store for a few items and I saw a cool tower of 50 of the Pip-Squeak markers for a reasonable price.




The tower opens up and stacks like a pyramid, so you can just grab a color and go. Well...we had to have it. All of our other markers are scattered from here to Timbuktu. I told the guys we'd get it as long as the tower stayed on our work table downstairs, instead of traveling all over the house. Great. Got it. Good to go.



Just a few minutes ago, they decided to color and D. brought one of the dark green markers to me and told me it didn't work. Sure enough it was all dried out, as were 15 others. WHAT?? 15 others? That ain't right. So, I called their 800 number.


An incredibly short 2 minutes later, I spoke to a very nice lady who apologized up and down and back and forth and assured me that they had tried to recall all those markers, due to a sealing problem, but obviously some had slipped through the cracks and could she please send me a newly designed tower right away?


I LOVED it. Are you kidding me? A company that takes responsibility for its problems? Holy cow - what an idea! She didn't try to tell me that someone must have broken the seal (they hadn't) or that it was a result of a shipment problem by some unnamed contractor or any other nonsense. Just - "Hey - we made a mistake and we are going to fix it. We are so sorry for your hassle, is there anything else I can do for you today."


And that, people, is how you win brand loyalty.

2 comments:

  1. No Joke! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:42 PM

    Now who doesn't love Crayola. It's like oreos. My favorites are the big fat ones. I haven't tried their markers. The tower sounds interesting. Fortunately, crayolas are the kind of kid thing you can buy without a kid.

    ReplyDelete